Sunday, November 4, 2012

So much to learn and so little time!

Quest #3:  Complete!  Yay, I am now halfway there.  Man, as I was going through this orientation into Second Life I couldn't believe how much there was to learn.  I think I could go through the orientation a dozen times and still not be able to be a proficient user of SL.  From what I can see and have experienced I think that SL takes a lot of time and practice to be able to use it well.  Time and practice that I have not quite acquired yet and maybe never will acquire.  But, hopefully I will eventually get the hang of it.  I can only hope. 

As far as I can see the hardest thing about SL, besides having an annoyingly slow computer, is knowing where everything is.  As I was completing some of the activities with the presentation boards I would get lost as to where to find them, especially when they are under the inventory tab.  At this time navigating the inventory is my biggest challenge.  I am not sure as of yet how to copy, wear, move, etc. the things in this area. 

One interesting thing I learned at my orientation was the economic system within SL.  I was surprised to find that they had one.  What interested me the most was that this virtual world operates much like the real world.  If SL every gets their youth version running again this might be something that high school and even college teachers might use with there students.  SL would be a great way for students to learn about living in the real world.  Anyways, I really recommend this orientation to other newbies so that they can get a better understanding of what all is included in SL.  It will make it a lost easier than trying to figure out everything on your own.  Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment